Municipal library Jaume Bover Pujol
The building that was formerly the headquarters of the Cúria (the name by which the Town Hall of Andratx was popularly known) is currently the Municipal Library, inaugurated in 2003. This historic building suffered an arson attack during the revolution of 1868, which resulted in the destruction of the entire archive’s documentary collection. The building was not renovated until 1886 with the sale of the tower of Sant Elm to Archduke Ludwig Salvator.
In 1889, the architect Joan Guas Vicens designed its remodelling, which was carried out between 1890 and 1892, under the direction of the master builder Juan Calafell Juan.