Andratx - Port d’Andratx
Son Orlandis Hermitage
Also known by the name of Castillo de Son Orlandis, it is a fortified possession located near the road between Andratx and Puerto de Andratx.
Besides the houses, the possession had a blood mill documented as early as the 17th century, which was located on the Puig de Son Orlandis. It is worth mentioning an image of the Virgin Mary made in the 18th century.
After the property was abandoned from the 19th century onwards, in 1935, on the initiative of the parish priest Pere Suasi of Andratx, the construction of an oratory dedicated to the Virgin Mary, in neo-Romanesque style, was begun on the old mill of the possession.
The hermitage of Son Orlandis was decorated with religious scenes painted on Valencian tiles around 1950 by the painter Luis Derqui.
It was completely restored at the end of the 20th century.